Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Ticker

8/recent/ticker-posts

Simone Biles Wins Third Olympic Gold Medal in Vault, Gabby Douglas Stumbles




The third time was definitely a charm. Simone Biles took home her third Olympic gold medal at the Rio Olympics on Sunday, August 14, for the vault event, just one week after making headlines for two huge wins.
"There is a lot of satisfaction that I have a winning gold on vault finally," she told Us Weekly. "And I'm just super excited because I was able to upgrade my second vault and it's exactly what I needed to do so I'm very excited."
The 19-year-old athlete scored 15.900 for her first vault, 16.033 for her second, averaging 15.966 for the top spot. Russia’s Maria Paseka scored 15.253 to take home a second place finish, one year after being named the 2015 world champion on vault.
The third place competitor, Switzerland’s Giulia Steingruber, scored 15.216, making her the country’s first female gymnast ever to win an Olympic medal.



Biles was all smiles as she waited her turn to get a medal at the ceremony and both Laurie Hernandez and Aly Raisman jumped out of their seats to clap for her. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments